If you want a bank account with the best facilities, then you can open your account in HDFC Bank. But to open an account in HDFC Bank, a higher minimum amount is required, due to which most of the people choose other banks to open the account. But now HDFC Bank has also started providing facility to its customers to open zero balance account.
With which you can open an account in HDFC Bank online, and you can also complete your KYC through video KYC. In this article, you are being given complete information about how to open HDFC Zero Balance Account and documents and process.
HDFC Bank Zero Balance Account Features
- In this, the customer will get the benefit of free passbook.
- You will get free Rupay debit card.
- A check book of 25 pages will be available.
- Cash withdrawal branch, NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, ATM can be withdrawn 4 times per month for free, and on the 5th withdrawal, the charges will be applicable according to the savings account.
- You can get the statement on e-mail for free.
- In this, you get the facility of Easy Banking with Net Banking, Mobile Banking and Phone Banking, through which you can check the balance remaining in the account, pay utility bills and stop the payment of checks through SMS.
Documents for Opening Zero Balance Account in HDFC Bank
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Passport Size Photo
HDFC Zero Balance Account Fees & Charges
- In this, you do not need any minimum amount to continue the account.
- In every financial year, you will get a free check book of 25 pages, apart from this you have to pay a fee of Rs 75 per check book.
- Through Net Banking, you can withdraw the statement of the last 5 years without any fee, and no fee is charged for e-Statement on the registered e-mail id, but 100 rupees per copy for the physical copy. charges from
- Free passbook but duplicate passbook charges Rs.100.
- Free Debit Card but there is a charge of Rs.200 + Tax for replacement.
- Apart from this, all other charges are same as for all other accounts, and for more information, you can visit the official website of HDFC Bank.
How to Open Zero Balance Account in HDFC Bank
- To open a zero-balance account in HDFC Bank, first of all Click Here
- Here you will get a page, in which you have to click on the link of OPEN YOUR ACCOUNT NOW
- You will come to a page, in which you have to proceed by entering your mobile number and captcha code.
- An OTP will come on your number, after which your number will be verified.
- After this you have to choose a document for KYC, in which you can choose any one of Aadhar card, Passport, Voter card, if you choose Aadhar card, then all your work will be successful online, and in any other document you will have to go to the bank. Therefore, after selecting Aadhaar, after accepting the terms and conditions, enter your Aadhaar number.
- After this, the Aadhaar card has to be verified through OTP.
- After this you have to choose the type of account, in which you choose the savings account.
- In this, you choose Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account, because this is the zero-balance account, and you have to maintain a minimum amount in all other accounts.
- After this, select the branch in which you want to open the account. One thing to keep in mind while choosing a branch is that you can choose the same branch as the address mentioned in your Aadhaar. In this the state and district are already there; you just have to select the local branch.
- After this you will reach the new page where you have to fill all your details, and upload your photo. With this, the PAN card number and PAN card have to be scanned and uploaded.
- After this, you have to enter your full address such as both permanent address and postal address. If both are identical, then tick both, otherwise enter the mailing address separately.
- The bank contacts you at the same address you enter in the mailing address, and checkbooks and debit cards are also sent to this address.
- After this, fill in the information about the business you do.
- If you want to give your Aadhar card for both ID proof and address, then tick on ID and Address Proof, otherwise click on ID Proof only.
- After this, you have to make a nomination by filling the details of the nominee. In this, fill the details of whoever you want to make a nominee from your husband, wife, mother, father, sister and brother, if you die due to any reason, then your bank account will be handled by this nominee.
- After this, in which district of the state of the country you were born in, fill it, and tick both the options in the Tax Address Status. If you want to check your form, then you click on Preview.
- After checking the form, click on submit, your form will be submitted, and your account number will also be generated.
- Along with this, you will also get the IFSC Code and User ID along with the password, from which you can also take advantage of the services of Internet Banking.
In this way your zero-balance account is opened in HDFC Bank, and check book and debit card will come to your address through post, which may take 15 days. But you have to go to the bank to get the passbook.