Jan Dhan accounts were opened very fast under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, as a result of this, new accounts were opened in Crores of numbers. But the public is not being given much facility in these accounts. Due to which people want to transfer Jan Dhan account to general saving account.
Why transfer Jan Dhan account to general saving account?
- Late receipt of passbook.
- ATM delay meeting.
- You cannot withdraw more than 20,000 in 1 day.
- And cannot withdraw more than 10,000 from ATM.
- Internet Banking facility is not provided.
- There is no branch transfer of Jan Dhan account.
- Check is not deposited.
- It has many other disadvantages and only a few advantages.
Transfer Jan Dhan Account to General saving account –
If you want to transfer Jan Dhan account to savings account, then follow the information given below.
First of all, close your Jan Dhan account. Whose information is given below that how you will close the Jan Dhan account.
Open Jan Dhan Account in the same branch as saving account.
If you want to open a general saving account in the main branch of the branch where your Jan Dhan account is, then follow the information given below.
1. After closing the Jan Dhan account, first of all, go to the branch and take the form to open a new account.
(Keep in mind that apart from opening the account, you will not take any other form, you also attach the form to the bank for insurance.)
2. After filling the form, attach the xerox of the aadhar card. And also sign your Aadhar card on Xerox.
3. On a paper you will take the account number of the Jan Dhan account and writing the CIF and IFSC code.
Which will be in the passbook of your Jan Dhan account.
4. Along with the original Aadhar card, PAN card and 2 passport size photographs must be taken.
If you do not have a PAN card, then nothing will be done only with Aadhar card.
5. Now submit the form to the manager, your new saving account will open.
Open a general saving account in another branch to Jan Dhan account.
In the branch where you have your Jan Dhan account and you want to open General Savings Account in another branch, then follow the information given below
1. To open a Jan Dhan account in another branch, you must first close your Jan Dhan account.
2. Now you have to get CIF transfer of Jan Dhan account. By making CIF transfer, Jan Dhan account is allowed to open a new account through another branch.
How to transfer CIF?
To do CIF transfer, 2 things are required.
Application for CIF Transfer –
– Transfer Jan Dhan account
I humbly request that I have to get my Jan Dhan account transferred to CIF and open a new current/savings account.
Therefore, I request you to get it transferred to my account. We will be grateful to you for this.
Example:- Application for CIF Transfer
2. Xerox of Aadhar Card
3. Now deposit these two in the main branch of Jan Dhan Yojana and say that we have to get CIF transfer done. Then your CIF will be transferred.
4. After getting the CIF transferred, now you go to the branch where you have to open a general saving account.
5. Go there and take the new account opening form and fill it and submit it. Then your new general saving account will open.
6. If you do not want to transfer CIF and want to close your account and open a new general account, then read this application.
- Carry the account number and CIF of the Jan Dhan account on a paper.
- Original Aadhar card should also be taken.
- If you have a PAN card, then carry it too.
- Also take 2 passport size photos with you.
- Deposit at least 3000 rupees in the new account, otherwise the money will be deducted every month.
So friends, this was the information that how you transfer Jan Dhan account to General saving account. If you have any question or suggestion then you must comment us below.
Thank you very much for reading this post by giving your important time.